Thursday, August 8, 2019

Capt Blackberry Beard's Chainsaw Arm in action

I'm continuing to develop my character, Captain Blackberry Beard. Following through with his chainsaw arm, I created two versions of this illustration, one with blood and one without. It made me think about my audience for the story, which would be 13-15 yrs old. At that point I thought about the violence relating to the story. Maybe it's not a good idea for him to have a chainsaw arm or maybe I can just get rid of the blood. Or maybe there could be two versions of the story, one that is more dialogue heavy for teenagers and another that is more violent for an older audience.  At the same time, maybe I can focus more on the human attacking robot violence instead of the human attacking human violence for the story. These are just some current thoughts that I have about this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment